Kenya Wildlife Service manages all the public conservation areas in Kenya ensuring that both people, flora and fauna are well taken care of. Kenya is the hot spot of adventure and discoveries. You get to enjoy beautiful birds, wonderful wildlife and magnificent flora. The conservation areas are diverse allowing hiking, expedition, cycling, boating, gaming viewing, rock climbing, camping, among others.
Almost every county have several conservation areas despite the urbanization and industrialization taking place in the country.
Southern Conservation Areas
Amboseli National Park
• Elephant are one of the species known as the big five and this park is their major home.
• You get to enjoy wildlife viewing, camping, picnicking, cultural tourism and bird watching.
Ol Donyo Sabuk National Park
• Still holds a lot of history.
• You can enjoy game viewing, trekking, wedding venue, butterfly & bird watching, camping, picnicking as well as historical tourism.
Nairobi National Park
• A park at the center of a capital city.
• Allows you close-up viewing of wildlife, educational tours, guided walks and animal adoption.
Coast Conservation Area
Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park
Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Reserve
• It’s the home of the Kenyan dolphins
• You can be able to enjoy swimming, crab lunches, dhow trips, boat safaris, sailing, snorkeling, diving, coral viewing and picnicking.
Kiunga Marine National Park
• If you love the underwater world, then this is the place to be.
• You can do snorkeling, water skiing, sunbathing, diving and coral viewing.
Malindi Marine National Park
Malindi Marine National Reserve
• They provide a home to the corals.
• Activities to enjoy include snorkeling, water skiing, sunbathing, diving, beach weddings, coral viewing and swimming.
Mombasa Marine National Park
Mombasa Marine National Reserve
• They are allure of natural beauty
• They allow you to enjoy snorkeling, water skiing, sunbathing, diving, beach weddings as well as coral viewing.
Shimba Hills National Reserve
• This is where we have the sable antelope.
• You can be able to enjoy game viewing, bird and butterfly watching, hiking, camping, picnicking, walking and coral viewing.
Watamu Marine National Park
Watamu Marine National Reserve
• They are a haven to the green turtles.
• What you get to enjoy involves includes snorkeling, water skiing, sunbathing, diving, butterfly watching, deep sea fishing and coral viewing.
Mountain Conservation Areas
Mount Kenya National Park
• If you want to touch the sky, then you need to climb this magnificent mountain.
• Apart from mountain climbing, you can enjoy the wildlife and scenic views, camping, cave exploration, sport fishing, picnicking, heli-tourism and walking safaris.
Aberdare National Park
• It’s has majestic peaks, moorlands and intriguing falls.
• You can enjoy hiking, horse riding, camping, trekking, walking, game viewing, night viewing of the wildlife at the ark and treetops lodges. Trout fishing is also available along the many ice-cold, clear and flowing streams.
Mwea National Park
• It’s an undiscovered oasis of tranquility.
• You can be able to enjoy game viewing, bird watching, picnicking, camping, trekking as well as boating on the Kamburu dam.
Central Rift Conservation Areas
Hell’s Gate National Park
• It’s one of the parks that allows you to enjoy a walk on the wild side.
• You also get to enjoy hiking, camping, rock climbing, biking, bird watching, horse riding as well as wildlife viewing.
Lake Nakuru National Park
• This is the favorite place for the bird watchers and a beautiful haven for wildlife.
• Activities you can enjoy includes bird watching, camping, picnicking, game viewing, scenic views of the lake from various points within the park ie the baboon cliff, lion hill as well as out of Africa hill.
Mount Longonot National Park
• Longonot is simply a sheer adventure.
• You can enjoy hiking, picnicking, camping as well as enjoying the scenic views of the Lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley.
Western Conservation Areas
Central Island National Parks
• It’s the gem of the Lake Turkana.
• It allows you to enjoy game viewing, camping, boating, nature trail hiking, sport fishing and sightseeing.
South Island National Park
• If you love mystery, this is the place to be.
• Allows you to enjoy game viewing, camping, boating, nature trail hiking, sport fishing, sightseeing, scenic views and picnicking.
Saiwa Swamp National Park
• It’s the smallest park in the country and a sanctuary to the sitatunga antelopes.
• Despite of its ting size, it allows you enjoy game viewing, bird watching, camping, picnicking, nature walks, wedding venues, accommodation at the tree houses as well as team building.
Ruma National Park
• This is the dramatic valley of the roan antelope and oribi.
• You can enjoy game viewing, bird watching, camping, picnicking, team building as well as sightseeing.
Ndere Island National Park
• It’s an island of serenity and beauty.
• Allows you to enjoy walking, game viewing, camping, picnicking, bird watching, sport fishing, hiking, adventurous camping and boat trips.
Mount Elgon National Park
• It’s a combination of untamed wilderness and secluded splendor.
• You get to enjoy game viewing, self-guided walks, hiking to the endebess bluff and koitobos peak, primate and bird watching, cave exploration, horse riding, cross-
border tourism, camping and photography.
Kisumu Impala Sanctuary
• A haven for the impalas along the lake shore.
• Offers you various activities to enjoy including camping, walking, bird watching, wedding venues, picnicking, wildlife viewing and educational tours.
Kakamega National Reserve
• It’s a rain forest in Kenya.
• You get to enjoy sunrise viewing, trail hiking, bird watching, game viewing, primate watching, hill climbing, butterfly watching, waterfall viewing, swimming, camping, cultural tourism and cycling.
Tsavo Conservation Areas
Tsavo East National Park
• All the awesome wildlife are here.
• The park allows you to enjoy game viewing, camping, picnicking and walking safaris along the galena river.
Tsavo West National Park
• Famous for the man eaters, springs, lava and magical sunsets.
• You are able to enjoy game viewing, picnicking, camping, boat excursion at Lake Lipe, annual bird ringing at ngulia lodge, hill and rock climbing at chaimu and ngulia hills.
Chyullu Hills National Park
• Its where you find the green hills of Africa.
• Allows you to enjoy wildlife viewing, camping, cave exploration, nature walks and hiking.
Eastern Conservation Areas
Meru National Park
• Simple but a complete package for wilderness.
• Offers you an opportunity to enjoy wildlife viewing, camping, bird watching, picnicking as well as sport fishing.
Kora National Park
• They refer to it as the last wilderness.
• You get to enjoy game viewing, rock climbing, camping and fishing at the river Tana.
Northern Conservation Areas
• Marsabit National Park
• Its yet to be exploited and a paradise for nature lovers.
• You can do game viewing, bird watching, walking, camping and picnicking.
Sibiloi National Park
• This is the cradle of mankind.
• Allows you to enjoy activities such as game viewing, bird watching, camping, historical tourism and boat safari.
© 2018 Cheche Winnie VWThemes