Calls for nature conservation have been dominating our news and conversations lately. And you maybe asking yourself, how do I become useful? This is a good start and in the next five minutes, you will be good to go.
What is nature conservation
It involves sustainable utilization of natural resources in order to prevent their depletion. Its done through an official supervision of these natural resources.
It’s simply refers to preserving of the natural resources. By preserving them, we are able to prevent extinct of these valuable resources.
Why is it important to participate in nature conservation.
Human activities pose major threats facing natural resources. These activities causes a negative balance between ecosystem and biodivervisty. If left unchecked, they can result to extinction of these natural resources.
By embracing ways and method that support and promote nature sustainability. We will be able to practice nature conservation effectively.
Countries have been joining efforts towards a greener earth. This led to 17 Sustainable Development Goals that are to be adopted by all countries. Adoption of these goals will promote achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Developments.
By adopting these goals, peoples’ live will be improved and nature will not face extinction. These 17 Sustainable Development Goals includes:
GOAL 1: No Poverty
GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
GOAL 4: Quality Education
GOAL 5: Gender Equality
GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
GOAL 9: Sustainable Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
GOAL 12: Sustainable Consumption and Production
GOAL 13: Combat climate change
GOAL 14: Life Below Water
GOAL 15: Life on Land
GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
As you can see goals 2,6,7,8,9,11,12 and 13 are targeted towards promoting natural resources conservation. As well as reducing any negative effects as a result of human activities.
Personal levels in nature conservation.
How do you contribute towards this noble act as a person?
This can be achieved by embracing a lifestyle of living green. So what is living green? It entails getting involved in activities that reduces negative impacts on nature. This promote a healthy planet.
These activities involves:
- Preventing over-exploitation of resources. This is achieved by reduced consumption and avoiding wastage.
- Community development and relationship building. Local community is an important tool for nature conservation.
- Our housing should be energy efficient. Our houses should observe sustainable use of resources.
- You should create sustainable food systems and living arrangements.
- Avoid the banned products such as the plastics and fossils like coal.
- Sustainable energy use.
- Practicing domestic tourism. This will help raise funds for nature conservation.
- Donations. There are several organization supporting nature. It will be very helpful if you donated anything available. It may be cash, products or even services.
- Promoting conservation education and awareness. If you are good at teaching and spreading information across. This will be helpful to allow locals understand and appreciate nature.
- Promoting laws that promote nature conservation. If you happen to be in parliament, you can come up with laws that support nature. And if you are civilian, you can help promote or fight laws as per their impact on nature conservation.