Where do we stand as a planet? In terms of natural resources and health of our atmosphere. Do you have any idea? Or have any clue?
Unfortunately some people don’t believe in science or their research. Hence ignoring all the reports given regarding anything. Am not sure what they use to understand the changes we have been experiencing as a planet.
Climate change and global warming are no longer theories. Their effects are heavily being experienced all over the world:
The oceans are becoming warmer each day.
- Sea levels are rising.
- The poles are melting at an alarming rate.
- Rainy seasons and patterns have greatly changed and disappeared in some places.
- Species are getting extinct each single day.
- Temperatures have risen as the ozone layer continue becoming thinner as days goes by.
So what are some of the major changes in our planet:
- Land-dwelling species have declined by 40% since 1970.
- Marine animal populations have fallen by 40%.
- Birds populations are down 25%.
- Freshwater animals have plummeted 75% since 1970.
- 50% of the world’s coral reefs have died in the last 30 years.
These stats are really worrying and alarming. It also shows that if nothing is done urgently and we continue to contribute negatively to our planet. Then we will kill it sooner than we thought. Mother nature is at its final kicks and we need t resuscitate her.
How do we save our planet?
Saving our planet is not complicated but very simple.
- Human activities are the major contributors to climate change and global warming. And these activities have already been identified. So its a matter of refraining from them . And replacing them with environmental friendly activities.
In these changes every step and willingness to change counts in a big way. When we each take it as a personal initiative , then we will accomplish more in a short while.
- Next time you are tempted to use the one use plastic. Think of where it will end up and what harm it will cause to the environment. Am sure you will find a way to avoid one use plastic products. With that simple decision, no turtle will have plastic straw stuck in their nostrils. No livestock will die for consuming plastic bags. It’s simple, right?
- It’s also time to embrace minimalism lifestyle. You get to save money and reduce wastage.
- All leaders to ensure that each decision made regarding natural resources has conservation concern. Laws that protect natural resources and harsh to those who abuse them.
- Have interest in learning more about our environment so as to understand it. After understand it in details then we can be able to appreciate and fight for it.
The list is endless. All we need to do is take that first step to a healthy planet. It’s never too late to correct our mistakes.
“Climate change is no longer some far-off problem; it is happening here, it is happening now.”