Solitary animals do have very interesting facts. These are animals that don’t mingle very much with their kind. They may mix with other species.
Just like humans, we have the social ones and anti-social ones. In this case, they are more like the anti-social ones. They keep things to themselves and love their own company.
Facts to know about solitary animals include:
- They spend most of their lives away from their species.
- They only find a mate to reproduce.
- They do mingle with their mates during mating.
- They take care of their offspring together.
- Offsprings are sent away on their own when they become of age.
- They hunt alone.
- They have no competition for space, food, mate, or time.
- The risk to be endangered species since finding a mate may be difficult.
Examples of solitary animals
- Black rhinoceros
- Some cats