- Stabilizing at 1.5 degree Celsius warming is still possible,but immediate and drastic global action is required.
- Rapid growth in methane and nitrous oxide emissions putus ontrack for 2.7 degree Celsius warming.
- Megafires – climate change forces fire extremes to reach new dimensions with extreme impacts.
- Climate tipping elements incur high-impact risks
- Global climate action must be just
- Household behavior changes is a crucial but overlooked opportunity for climate action.
- Political challenges impede the effectiveness ofcarbon pricing.
- Nature-based solutions arecriticalfor thepathway to Paris – butlook at the fine print.
- Building resilience of marine ecosystems is achievable by climate-adapted conservation.
- Costs of climate chnage mitigation justified by benefits to thehealth of human and nature.
The insights were provided by the future earth org