Did you know that 98% of lemur species are threatened with extinction while 31% is critically endangered?
The time to act is NOW.
As we celebrate Lemurs today, here are some facts related to them:
- Madagascar is the only place lemurs naturally call home.
- There are over 100 species of lemur, in all shapes and sizes.
- Lemurs have a female-dominant society.
- Lemurs are legendary
- Lemurs are crucial seed dispersers.
- Besides humans, lemurs are the only primates that have blue eyes.
- Lemurs self-medicate
- When it comes to communication, some lemurs sing a capella while other use stink.
- Lemurs are the world’s oldest living primates.
- Lemurs attract tourists hence important for the Madagascar economy.