Just like humans, animals too have feelings. I was very happy when I saw billboards advising citizens to respect animals by not being cruel to them. They went ahead to show some of the actions considered cruel while handling animals.
Most people tend to assume that animals don’t feel anything . Or maybe what they may feel doesn’t matter or count. Hence end up mistreating them in awful ways.
Some of the acts may even be due to ignorance. Whereby the perpetrators has no idea of the consequences of their actions.
These actions include:
- Feeding pets human foods.
- Confiding pets in cages with environment that is not conducive
- Neglecting a pet.
- Remaining silence about it and allowing it to continue happening.
- Killing them mercilessly.
- Using them for experiments unethically.
- Smuggling animals.
- Feeding wildlife in the conservation areas and zoos.
- Killing animals for fun. (trophy hunting)
- Using animals for entertainment (bull-fighting, dog-fighting, cock-fighting, animals circuses, among others)
- Leaving pets unattended to for a very long time.
- Causing pain on animals from beating them.
- Denying them their basic needs
- Mishandling them.
In short, it’s any action that cause either physical or emotional pain to animals. They may not be able to speak same language as us. But they do communicate in various ways.
Any person who really cares about animals is able to decode their language. And even have a conversation with them. Just like humans, animals will reciprocate on how you treat them. If you are bad to them, they will avoid you. And if you prove them, they will act to defend themselves. And if you decide to love them, they will definitely love you back.
Next time you are tempted to carry bunny by their ears, picture yourself being lifted using your ears. Would you like that, definitely you won’t like that. So don’t do that to the poor bunny. Don’t leave your handsome dog in a car for many hours, they may end up getting dehydrated. And when you decide to keep a pet, ensure you learn and is willing to do what it takes to keep your pet safe and happy.
Animals and humans are not that different. We do almost everything the same. Our brains are the only organs that tend to be different among other few things. Some of them have great brains than some humans we know. But we can be able to relate in many circumstances. Always have that in mind.